Santiago!

Santiago!
President and Sister King with Elder Pari

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23. 2011

Well this week was pretty crazy! Elder Pari and I were sick for a couple days, and the other days we had some pretty big events going on. One of which was the PIG MASSACRE!!!!! Yep it was pretty manly I´m not going to lie. Pretty much the manliest thing I´ve done next to the many trips down the river with father. Rodrigo had his baptismal interview on saturday but got stuck in Santiago, so we´re working on another interview date with him, hopefully tuesday if he can. Today we went into Santiago, down town for the first time and it´s nuts. Super cool though I love it. It´s like a calm New York City. Muy Tranquilo. So I guess an Elder died in my mission 2 days ago, he returned from his morning jog to his appartment and just collapsed, and left this world peacefully. Pretty crazy huh? I never knew the Elder but sounds like he´s been a big help to the mission. D&C 138: 57; I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead.

Well all is super, our branch is progressing, and my spanish is improving. I´m loving every minute! This gospel is true and I´m doing all I can to bring the joy of the gospel to the people here in Cordillera. I know the Atonement has power, power to clean us from our nastiest of sins. Jesus Christ our Savior suffered for us, so we can find peace from our sins in this life, and in the eternities to come. That is the center piece of ´la doctrina de Cristo.´ Happiness and freedom from our faults. How amazing! Love you!

-Elder Britt



 



No comments:

Post a Comment