Santiago!

Santiago!
President and Sister King with Elder Pari

Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 4, 2011

Hola!
 
Father thanks for the advice! That's crazy you only had 5 days in the mission home and were gone, the shortest you can stay here in the MTC is 3 weeks, well really 2 and a half weeks. So our zone gets two email days, I usually don't email twice but I have a couple of fun stories for ya!
 
So on p-days, (Tuesdays) we get to go to the temple! We always find Sister Chen, she's from china, and does a lot of geneology work. A ton! So to get all her ancestors done faster she doesn't send her names through the temple, she does them all herself! So that's where we come in, she always gives us some names, and we return them into an office in the MTC where she picks them up. She's so funny! Well we've been seeing her pretty much every week now and so she sent us flashlights in the mail! They are awesome because their probably the brightest flashlights I've ever seen in my life, and they are the tiniest things ever, and she sent them in these Chinese bags, it's awesome. I'll have to send some pictures so you can see why.
So while we were in the temple, I got dressed and was waiting for Elders Mackie and Wharton in the dressing room a man walked in just after a session ended and came over to talk to me. He just came over and asked where I was going and talked with him for a couple seconds, shook his hand, and he just said "keep it up Elder!" and briskly walked away. I was thinking he looked so familiar while I was talking to him and as he turned out of the room I remembered where I'd seen him before. Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. Yep, Donny Osmond.
So last week we got to direct traffic for all the new missionaries coming in. We got to wear the bright yellow jackets, white gloves, and walkie talkies, it was SWEET! I'll send some pics. Anyways, this week we got to Host new missionaries, show them their dorm rooms and classrooms and all that good stuff.I got to host an amazing missionary He was converted 16 months ago, and the missionary who baptized him, (and is still serving), his family dropped him off here.He just ready to be here! He was a great example, he didn't have any questions, or was worried, he was just ready to be here! He was from Oregon, and looked exactly like Harry Potter, literally he had the glasses, the hair, he had it all. He really had the spirit around him.
The Lord trusts us a lot. I cannot wait to start teaching those in Santiago. We talked with a teacher in our zone who went to the mission just east of ours, Santiago East, and he said we've got a lot of work to do. In the wards there are 1300 people, and only 150 show up each Sunday. He said it's because missionaries didn't fully convert, didn't fully know their purpose, and we've got a lot of making up to do. He said Elder Holland, when he was an apostle, was the area president down there to help straighten out the place. It's really frustrating to hear, and but I cannot wait to work hard and bring people back to Christ. I know our Savior and Redeemer lives. I know that our Heavenly Father made a perfect plan for us, and that's why we're here right now.
 
I love you all,
 
~Elder Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment